Cineplex has announced that its popular Great Digital Film Festival has been rebranded to the Flashback Film Fest and runs from February 3-9.
Each winter, the Canadian theatre chain brings a line-up of sci-fi, fantasy and fan favourites back to the big screen. “We wanted to give the festival a new name that better reflects how it has evolved and why it has been so popular over the ears,” said Brad LaDouceur, VP of Event Cinema at Cineplex.
Film critic Richard Crouse adds that “The great thing about this festival is that audiences will have a chance to relive these movies in the way they were meant to be seen: on a big screen, with an audience.”
The lineup for the 8th annual festival includes:
- Air Force One (1997) *20th anniversary
- Blade Runner – The Final Cut (2007) *10th anniversary/35th anniversary of the original; sequel coming this year
- Blood Simple (1984)
- Fargo (1996)
- The Fifth Element (1997) *20th anniversary
- Fight Club (1999)
- The Fugitive (1993)
- Groundhog Day (1993)
- Heat (1995)
- Jurassic Park (1995)
- Legend (1985)
- The Princess Bride (1987) *30th anniversary
- The Running Man (1987) *30th anniversary
- Shallow Grave (1994)
- Starship Troopers (1997) *20th anniversary
- Trainspotting (1996)
Tickets for festival films run for $7.99 or $6.99 for 5 or more. Movie buffs can also purchase the “I Want It All” pass for $69.99 for access to all 17 films.
For more, including which theatres are participating, click here.